Wednesday 2 October 2013

Bravo Lancome, Bravo...


Now, I'm a fan of Lancome as are many, but my personal hic-up with the brand is just how nice they are. I very much would consider them YSL beaute's cotton wool younger sister - YSL have Opium, Lancome have La Vie Est Belle which I feel supports my point entirely. La Vie with the vanilla and  praline and Opium with moroccan spices.

This is something we see quite often with their campaigns featuring the beautiful Julia Roberts and more, and their latest edition is Phil Collins daughter, Lily. Stepping up to the mark in January 2014, the image above has been released and it is truely gorgeous. There is a clear reference to the Lancome niceties, but I think their use of such a classic beauty is a very clever step. In the most obvious manner, her likeness to Audrey Hepburn is clear - there are differences but she holds the same kind of delicate, feminine beauty...
Vanity Fair April 2013
We don't see this as frequently in modern day fashion. We spend so long looking for that face with the over the top features deeming them memorable in an overpopulated advertising world. I wish her all the success in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment